Tuesday 28 May 2013

My Block

 
Yesterday I took a walk around the block to get a coffee. I do this many times a week, but the light was so beautiful today I wanted to capture it. 


I have only lived in this area for a short time but have loved it the most of all the places I have lived in Bournemouth and Poole. I will defo live here again when if I return. There are so many huge trees and beautiful streets.


 The shopping area has great coffee places, grocery stores as well as many, many charity shops...which I frequent like a territorial animal *wink*


 The buildings are full of character and history.


 And this is the only place I have ever been to where the traffic stops for you EVERY time at a Zebra Crossing. I love the staff at my local Costa, they know me a bit too well :)


I have a spot I like to sit and drink my soya-sugar-free-syrup-latte and do some Art Journalling.


 Is it wrong that I fall in love with things like this? A manky drain and a cul-de-sac sign...Nicola seriously?


 I pass this sign on the way home, I love the fonts. My street is so pretty, I find a little walk really inspiring and often just what I need to kick start an idea or some creative project.


This shadow was spooky looking, but the light was so lovely through the trees, I wanted to take a billion photos.


 What is your local area like? Where do you go to get inspired or just to re-connect with you?
Love, me x

Ps - photos taken with the awful camera on my Blackberry for purposeful poor quality, then transformed into Polaroids using this FREE software which I heard about from another blog I love to read.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the tour of your town...it's nice to live vicariously through others. :) You make me want to pull out my camera and photograph my town. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you :)
    I am glad you liked it too. I love using the Poladroid software as I don't have Instagram. Let me know if you do take some pics on your blog, I'd love to see your town too x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...