Saturday 14 January 2012

Resolution Update

Today is Saturday and I am quite happily pottering around the house, listening to Tony Blackburn's Pick of the Pops. It's 1981, and the music is so amazing: John Lennon - just like starting over, Barbara Streisand - woman in love, Stevie Wonder, The Specials, Adam and the Ants - ant music....a mad mix, things must have been so confusing that year.
Makes me think about my little life then, I was 7 and things were in turmoil in my life: my Mum and Dad were going though a hideous breakup and we had nowhere but my Nan's box room to live (three of us), but I remember lots of that year as so happy...I guess I was a kid and was in my kid-bubble.

Part of my pottering today has been to 'write lettres and post things', one of my resolutions. I have three to post, so better head off and get stamps :)


Over my shoulder you can see the cat card my aunty Linda sent me, she beat me to the first letter of the year. Do you write letters?

Love
me
x

P.s, Number one in whatever week it was in 1981 was John Lennon - Imagine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...