Tuesday 28 February 2012

Arty Farty book-lust

Hey friend :)
At school I recently ordered a whole stack-a-books to inspire my classes and myself in Textiles Design. Hopefully these will help us/ them/ we to be more creative. I know they have already worked their arty-farty magic on me and I am full of ideas, my inspiration-tank est full!

we'll start here
I love traditional techniques used in a contemporary way, blackwork here...sooo labour intensive (all handstitch)!
graffiti is a passion of mine, and this Textile version is beyond yummy. Scattered words and images hand stitched.
beautiful aesthetically as well as disturbing and uncomfortable
narrative work is another passion of mine: feelings, messages, codes, links


I would whole-heartedly implore you to check out this book if you are a lover of any of the following: textiles, embroidery, subversive stitch, graffiti textiles, contemporary art, feminism, guerrilla textiles.
I originally saw this book at the Knitting and Stitching Show and didn't have the money to buy it. So glad I could at least get it at school to lust over...swoon! The artists in here are so inspirational it makes me want to cry.

If you liked this you may way to check out the author's blog, he is called Mr X Stitch.

What inspires you?
Love, me x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...