Monday 13 February 2012

beach life

We are very lucky to live close to the beach. We don't take as much advantage as we should in the winter but occasionally venture out for breezy walks and some light beachcombing to find rocks for decopatching or shells to paint.










The beach always makes me feel melancholic. I like to have a right old think about stuff - like checking in: what am I doing with my life, am I doing what is right for me, am I happy, what do I need...
The sea seems to ask me these questions. In the vast openness of a winters day at the beach I find it easy to discover answers; hidden under a shell, washing ashore on the tide, whipping around my legs with the grains of sand.
I always come away 'better'.

I feel inspired by extremes, just as much as I love the serenity of the beach I also feel excited by the craziness of the city (but can only manage short bursts). I am off to London this week to visit an old friend and see some Art. I can't wait to go, and I can't wait to come home to the coast.

Where do you feel 'connected'?
Love, me x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...